884 Quilliams Road (1977)
As one approaches the Quilliams house one notices that it has the typical look of the Western Reserve Greek Revival house — a central gable facing the street with wings on either side. In this case, however, the western wing is a twentieth-century addition. The old house, constructed in 1867 by Hugh Quilliams for his son and daughter-in-law, was made of three rectangular gable-roofed pieces. It consisted of a two story building with its gable facing the street, a one and a half story wing to the east with a porch running along the street side, and behind that and perpendicular to it, a one story building now containing the kitchen. The front bay window and vestibule are recent additions. A detailed study of the house has not been made, so it is not known how much of it was the original house, or if the Quilliams had built onto a smaller building as their family grew.
The first floor of the two story section comprises the parlor in front and a smaller room behind, entered from the left of the fireplace. This room may well have been the old "birthing room," a first floor bedroom to allow the farm mother to return to her work after the birth of a child without having to use the stairs. This room now has become more of a hall leading to the new west wing.