This classic center-hall colonial is among the brightest and most colorful homes you'll ever see. Completely redecorated by the current owners, the interior's jewel-tone motif is driven largely by the wallpaper pattern in the front hall, which seems to carry its palette throughout the first floor. A sizeable collection of oriental art and other paintings enhance the kaleidoscopic effect.
Situated on a large pie-shaped lot, the house was built in 1917 - part of the original Euclid Heights allotment. In fact, through some of the upper windows, one can see the garden of the home that was built and occupied by Cleveland Heights' "founding father," Patrick Calhoun. Many of the house's "period" amenities also are visible, including original carriage house doors on the garage, porch awnings, servant call boxes, and a central vacuum system that once was powered by a large motor ensconced in the basement. Conversely, modern touches have been inserted tastefully, such as new kitchen appliances inserted into the original wood, updated master bath and nearly invisible central air.
Visitors also will note the large amounts of light carried in through windows situated beside and above the front door - and how the feeling of openness is enhanced by the small study on the second floor landing. To the left of the foyer is a large, "technicolor" living room with extensive built-ins, abutted by a beautiful side porch. To the right are the kitchen, formal dining room and a small den, which recently was converted from a breakfast room. The wholly redecorated second floor includes five bedrooms and three full baths. The third floor has a large TV room.