3325 Euclid Heights Boulevard (1980)
Park Synagogue is located in the center of thirty-three acres of park land on the south side of Mayfield Road between Lee and Taylor Roads, on a portion of the original John D. Rockefeller estate. Erected on three different land levels, the building group is dominated by the domed Synagogue (the House of Worship) connecting the House of Study on one side and the House of Assembly on the other. The architect, Eric Mendelsohn, designed the complex, which was completed in 1950, to express fundamental religious concepts of Judaism and specifically of the Conservative movement. Rock formations in the building area made excavation a tedious process but afforded a solid base for the six columns which entirely support the weight of the Synagogue's concrete dome.