12608 Cedar Road (1980)
This gracious, symmetrically arranged home was designed by the prestigious architectural firm Meade & Hamilton and completed in 1914. Unlike its grand neighbors that are modeled after English manor homes, this home takes its inspiration from the humbler English Tudor and Stuart cottages, a style typified by rolled-eave cedar shingled roofs and imitative of the rural thatched-roof cottages found all over Europe. The interior is decorated in the Edwardian neo-classical idiom. In the back, an open porch with a colonnade of Tuscan pillars looks out on a garden so isolated by matured and flowering trees as to give an illusion of undisturbed country property.